<

Thursday, September 15, 2005

No, No, You've Got it All Wrong


I discovered this evidence in my ash tray. I'm pretty sure it was my roommate who lit the wrong end of her cigarette, because I sure as hell don't remember that happening. Then again, this was from my birthday celebration on Tuesday, so it's possible that I just don't remember. . . nah, it was she who smoked the filter.

I haven't updated verbally in a while, so I'm not sure if I mentioned that it was my 29th on Tues. One more year and I'll be thirty. I hear it doesn't feel any different. At any rate, I had an okay birthday. I had one "friend" really piss me off, and I was annoyed for much of the day, but at night I went to the Rusty Hammer with my roommate and a girl I used to work with. We had some surprisingly good (and cheap) food, and I made my roomie do a couple of Lemon Drop shots with me. The shot glasses were huge, so the two probably worked out to about six normal shots. We had a great time at the bar, but I never quite shook that pissed off feeling from earlier in the day (don't worry, I won't let this post turn into a venom-spewing rant against said "friend"). I'll conclude this memory by saying one thing: Birthdays Are Over-rated, and They Suck.

Now, let's rewind a few days back from there.

I went down to CT for the weekend, had a great time. The whole family was over, including all the brothers, wives, adorable kids, and their equally adorable great-grandmother. I got some good dress clothes for work, which was all I wanted. After that party, my brother (the one who's 30 yrs old) and I went to a housewarming party with our friend Meredyth, whom we've known for over fifteen years. We've lost touch in recent years, so it was great to do some catching up. My old friend Kathy was there too (I think I mentioned her in a recent post, will link to it if I have time). She pissed me off on my birthday a couple of years back (coincidentally), and I cut her out of my life ever since. It was so great to hang out with her and re-connect. It was, all in all, one of the best days I've had in recent memory.

So, things are good. Work is hard, but going well for the most part. I'm exhausted and am off to bed soon. Good night all.

4 Comments:

Happy Birthday, Skrambled one! I tried to blow you a birthday kiss but it just went *splat* on the monitor... Here's a tip, as you get older, people will piss you off more and more. They care not if it is your birthday. I think they are just bitter that it's not them getting presents and shots. Glad to hear you did have a good time though! =)

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 11:59 PM  

Oh. no. That first sentence ended at a very, very bad place...

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 12:00 AM  

Thanks Live and Heidi. I shoulda given you an opportunity to wish me happy b-day on my birthday, but I think I forgot to mention it on my blog.

And lw, that first sentence ended in a very GOOD place for me ;-). lol

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 11:19 PM  

I swear, I couldn't have planned that if I tried! lol... I considered deleting it but figured you'd get just as much of a laugh from it as I did.

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment