<

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Road Trip

"Located on the rugged coast of Maine, Acadia National Park encompasses over 47,000 acres of granite-domed mountains, woodlands, lakes and ponds, and ocean shoreline. Such diverse habitats create striking scenery and make the park a haven for wildlife and plants.

Entwined with the natural diversity of Acadia is the story of people. Evidence suggests native people first lived here at least 5,000 years ago. Subsequent centuries brought explorers from far lands, settlers of European descent, and, arising directly from the beauty of the landscape, tourism and preservation."--
--abstract from this website.

It was an unfulfilled goal of mine to get to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, Maine, this past summer (it's about four hours away, which makes it a tough day-trip). Today I finally got there on my first real test-drive of the new car, and despite the clouds, the scenery absolutely blew my mind.

I have work-related stuff I need to get to, so no time for writing. I'm going to start posting pics as time allows. I have many.

2 Comments:

Bar Harbor is one of my favorite places ever! Hey... did you get a lobster roll anywhere? =) I'm glad you went - you needed a break. Looking forward to seeing/hearing more.

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 11:20 PM  

No lobster roll, but I can get great ones where I live. The lobster business is pretty big in Portsmouth. The lobstermen run this town, I tell ya'. . .

It was cloudy, and raining periodically, so the pictures aren't as glorious as I'd like them to be, but sometimes we just have to take what we can get.

Good to hear from you LW (as well as by email of course). I haven't had time to visit other blogs on a regular basis--to remind people of my presence in blogworld--so my regular comment posters (and daily visitors) have become few in number.

Ah well, this isn't a popularity contest, this is my blog, goddamit. This is for me, and if anyone cares to stay along for the ride (despite my infrequent, random and ranting posting), then that's cool too. :-P

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment