<

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Just One More Thing...Seriously This Time

Okay, I thought I was done with the political rants for the day, but I ran into this story (this was the original story from last July) which makes it seem a lot less surprising that Prime Minister Allawi would be involved in torturing prisoners. Last July he allegedly executed six insurgents inside a Bagdhad police station. Holy crap. The story barely got reported when it was first mentioned last year, but a Jordanian government official claimed last week that the story was confirmed to him by an American official.

I don't know much about Allawi, except what I've read, and I can't claim to understand what life is like in a warzone, so I'm not going to offer any comment on it. Maybe he's exactly the kind of leader Iraq needs (if in fact they need a gangster for a leader). Who am I to say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment