<

Monday, August 29, 2005

The Newer One

Yes, I know, we have freckles and back hair once again. It's perfectly natural, as I am a silverback. So, deal with it or scroll on down. I got this tattoo at a time of painful change in my life. Having it done helped my psyche in ways I couldn't describe. However, I was never quite satisfied with the artwork. I think I'll have it touched up, and made to look better.

The reason I chose this particular scene was that I saw a book combining Western astrology (the Virgo in the image with her glyph) and Eastern philosopy including the year of the dragon, in which I was born. However, via a terrible horror movie and other sources, I have discovered a biblical verse involving a (virgin?) woman and a red dragon in the end of days. I'm not sure of the significance.

William Blake wrote and painted about it. See here.

4 Comments:

My husband is hairy... I can deal with it. Yeah, I'd have this one touched up... it looks older than the original and detracts from the image itself. Not trying to be critical, just honest.

By Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today, at 5:05 AM  

I always appreciate honest feedback. The colors didn't hold up so well over the last ten years. A little touch-up should do the trick.

And I love being hairy. It's a sign of virility. I was thinking of taking out a personal ad with the following line: "Must like back hair, and/or be willing to wax it for me." What do you think?

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 11:05 AM  

I too can deal with it....it's all male and that is a turn-on. Yes, a touch-up will do wonders. The personal ad..funny!

By Blogger nikaNnicosMommy, at 5:44 PM  

I think that would be hilarious!

By Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today, at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment