<

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Grrrrrrr......

Well, well, well. Blogger is down for “Planned Maintenance” again.



Since I don’t feel like saying something I shouldn’t, such as “GOD DAMN YOU BLOGGER!!!”, I’ll take the mature approach and say that, first of all, if this was planned maintenance, then why the fuck didn’t they bother sending out an email to users? Second of all, it is now 6:00pm (PST). Grrrrrr…..

Sorry, I’m a bit annoyed that at the moment I am unable to view the comments recently left on this page, and I was in the mood to post something. I win this round though. I’m writing this on Word, to be pasted in when Blogger gets its act together. (UPDATE: Things seem to be working now.)

I’m taking a break from political rants for a little while, unless something really gets me going. Lately I’ve found that I feel much better if I come home and listen to music instead of spending hours reading political news on various websites and watching television. (If you're interested, I recommend visiting the links on the Buzzflash headlines in the right margin of this page. The headlines are somewhat seditious, but they link to well-respected news sites, but also to sites presenting sides of the story you won’t see in the mainstream media. Some links go to sites that require you to register with a user name, including the NY Times, but it’s quick and easy to do. Just create a free email account (hotmail, yahoo, etc.) and use that (they send an e-mail to confirm it, and you have to click a link in the email).

At the moment I’m listening to a random U2 mix I burned this morning. The current song is In the Name of Love. My roommate (L.) and I are going to see U2 in concert on Monday night. I am so fired up for it. I’ve been wanting to see them perform since I first saw the video for Sunday Bloody Sundy, when I was probably about nine or ten years old. My seats suck, but I intend to sneak into a better location. It isn’t that hard, and at least L. will have the balls (figuratively) to accompany me on some shenanigans.

I have big plans for the weekend, and the weather looks good. I should have some glorious images to post. Tomorrow night I’m going to see a band play with L. and a bunch of her friends, and then I’ll be hiking and camping in the White Mountains with one of the girls I work and some of her friends. Hmmmm. . .as I write this I begin to wonder if she intends to seduce me. . .oh well, I have needs, I probably won’t put up much of a fight. *grin*

This may be the last post until Sunday. Have a great weekend my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment