<

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"How Did I Get Here?"

Life has been somewhat crazy of late, so I've had little time to write for pleasure, rather than the pain induced by strictly writing marketing materials for the last couple of weeks. I think the results are pretty good though. If so, I'll have much more work in dealing with responses to what I wrote, but at least I won't be bored.

I've decided to dedicate Re-Inventing the Wheel to posting photos, as I'm growing concerned that Skrambled Ramblings is turning into a photoblog. I need to dedicate Skrambled to thoughts and words and tales of random adventures--and, oh yes, and incessant ranting. Nothing beats a good rant, and I'm sure I'll have one coming to this page soon. My point is, a picture can be worth a thousand words, but too many can be detrimental.

I need another creative outlet in order to preserve Skrambled for what it was designed for--releasing some positive or negative energy through words and (some) pictures and quotes and thoughts and dreams and tales of random adventures. I think the new page will help keep me focused on writing, and things will work out better this way. I'll still post photos here, but only the ones I like the most.

In recent days I've been going through a weird transitional phase in my life, in many good ways, but also in many mind-blowingly stressful ways. I rocked the boat a little at work last week, so I think they've had their RADAR on me. I've been working extra hard, and I think everything is cool now. I love the job, and life is good, but they're both really fucking hard sometimes.

On a positive note, I am officially declaring that I am no longer under the spell of any woman. I know this to be true, because I have become permanently disillusioned, irreparably so, by the one who last fucked up my world. She knows who she is, and perhaps she knows of the hundreds of times that she has hurt or disappointed me as a friend. I'm no angel, but I try to be a good friend, especially when it's their birthday or they're in an urgent time of need.

She can't spare thirty seconds of her busy life (she is, after all, the center of the universe), to check out my blog, so she probably won't see this for a while. But she probably will see it at some point. For my own sake, for memory's sake, I'm going repeat what I said to her. I hope she doesn't get too pissed: "(insert her name), I just want you to know that I am over you. I'm just trying very hard not to go beyond that and get to the point where I don't like you as a person anymore."

We've maintained our friendship all this time, but things have just gotten to the point that she doesn't respect me, and criticizes, and treats me like shit. I've taken enough abuse, and our relationship as friends is only going to deteriorate if things don't change. I feel awake now, and aware, and it feels really good. That's all I'm saying 'bout that.


If you've read for this long (if anyone still comes by here, at any rate), congratulations! I kind of started to go off on a few tangents there. Once again, a reminder, please stop by Re-Inventing the Wheel. I may be updating that more frequently than this page, but only with pictures. And by the way, I'm coming up on my first Blog Birthday, which is kind of cool. At any rate, I'm off to bed soon.

4 Comments:

Happy soon-to-be Blog Birthday! I'm glad you have worked 'her' out of your system. I truly think you only expected reciprocity with basic kindness and she was unable to give that. Once she is fully out of your system, you will meet a gem of a girl. I'll direct all prospective ova to you... =) Er, wait... not MY ova... I mean ova as in female eggs.... cuz you are a skrambled one...oh forget it. *sigh*

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 10:19 PM  

Thanks ladies. The feeling of finally being "over" someone is almost as powerful as love itself.

I foresee something happening soon in my love life. I noticed that I've been getting many more looks and smiles since I started shaving my head. I was told that I had the properly shaped cranium for "the look" to work.

In the past couple of weeks I also resolved some other major issues in my life (to be blogged about as time allows) that will put me in a much better financial and emotional state. I'm sure the roller coaster will continue, but I really think that things are looking up.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 8:59 AM  

I told you you look fuckin' HOT like that!!! Uh, er... I mean... {ahem} that is quite a handsome look for you, sir...[curtsey] =) But you DO know that it takes alot more that shaving your head, right? Luckily for you... I think you've got lots of wonderful things to attract the girls there!

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 7:53 PM  

*blush*You say the sweetest things my dear;-). I dunno what my problem is.
"Why am I
So shy,
Why, oh why,
Am I so shy."--Velvet Underground(Lou Reed)

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment