<

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Rats, the Holiday Season is Here Again

Happy Thanksgiving. I just returned from my parents house. As expected, the drive was Hell. It was pouring buckets of rain on the whole three hour drive yesterday and again tonight when I was coming home. However, the treacherous roads were compounded by the goddam drivers in Massachusetts. I have a theory that Massholes are trying to compete with New Jersey drivers for the title of Worst Drivers in America. I've learned to control my road rage for the most part, but it was stressful.

At any rate, I had a great day with the family. Got to see my three older brothers, and my awesome neice and nephew. Family gatherings have gotten pretty interesting with the kids running around. I think the best moment was when my nephew, who's three, came crying to his dad saying "I don't want to go freestyle!" over and over. Apparently the boy had a minor accident, and my brother has taught him to refer to going without underwear as "going freestyle." It was fucking hilarious to hear him say that.

I would have stuck around there longer, but I have to work tomorrow. I am spent and going to bed soon.

If anyone happens to be looking for some really cool wallpaper, I just got an incredible one from a site with images from the Hubble Space Telescope. The wallpaper is here. To set it as wallpaper, click on the numbers below the picture you would like using the numbers that match the resolution that your monitor has (most monitors are 1024x768, so use that if you are unsure). Then right click the enlarged image and click set as background. There are some amazing images.

Here is another cool Hubble site. Both sites are worth checking out if you're looking for something to stare mindlessly at, perhaps after inhaling deeply (I'm talking about fresh air, of course).

Good night all.

2 Comments:

Oh that sucks, sucky drives home do just that- suck. Oh holiday season... yet again- I haven't even been through THAT many, but they're getting pretty old to me all the same. Anyhoo, it's good you had a fun thanksgiving- hopefully you used it as an excuse to eat way too much.

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 8:49 PM  

How silly of me, I didn't even mention the food! It was really good, as always.

I'm just glad I didn't see your post on hows turkeys need to be artificially inseminated until after I had eaten. I don't think I could have eaten it after reading that!

As for the holidays, I think I will be getting some ear plugs to wear out in public so I don't have to hear that damn music playing everywhere. That might keep me from going crazy, but who knows?

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment