<

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Tapping Into the Collective Conciousness

I swear, I have my finger on the pulse of the liberal elite (of which I am proud to call myself a member). Two days ago I posted a rant about how things will only be getting worse in America over the next four years of a Bush presidency (if we survive as a country for that long), and now I see articles all over the place stating pretty much the same thing. Here is one by Molly Ivins, and here is a somewhat more glass-is-half-full one by PM Carpenter. They both go further into detail as to the troubling signs of things to come.

Maybe us liberals are way too pessimistic, but considering that we've been proven to be right so often lately when it comes to the misdeeds of our dictator-in-chief, there is much to be concerned about. I think a lot of people are just glad that the election is over, and they would like to just tune out politics. I really hope people continue to pay attention. We will need all 50 million of us who voted against Bush if we are to have any hope of stopping his next war (it's with Iran, in case you didn't know) and the reinstatement of the draft that the war will necessitate. In the meantime, support the troops, because pretty soon you may be one of them, whether you like it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment