<

Monday, November 15, 2004

Good Grief

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'" ---------Charlie Brown

I was just looking at Mary's blog. She posted a great quote from Charlie Brown about unrequited love (she credits another blog for using it, but at this point I think it's enough to just credit Charlie Brown). I was trying to find the actual comic strip online, but instead I found a page of quotations.

I think the quote at the top of this post is perfect for this web log. I've been kind of depressed for a while now, and I'm hoping that I can work through it by writing. I can't afford to go to a shrink, and I refuse to take any drugs for it (tried that already--they created more problems than they solved), so I've decided to shout into the deep, dark abyss that is the blogosphere. It does seem to help.

I can be such a pathetic whiner, as some of my earlier posts show. I have a tendency to dwell on my last relationship, even though it ended four and a half months ago. There are days when it feels like it was only yesterday. Those are the days I whine the most. I can't help it though. I still think about her constantly. I even read her horoscope every day, just like I did when we were together (well, both horoscopes: she's on a cusp). Could I be any more pathetic?

We're still really good friends, which I am thankful for, but it makes it even harder to still be in love with her. If I had just cut off all contact with her, and didn't know what she was doing, it would have been so much easier to get over her. Now she is one of my closest friends, and I can't imagine not having her friendship in my life, even if it means not having her for a girlfriend. I suppose I'll get over it someday. I hope.

1 Comments:

Okay. How about hot, passionate sex then? Feel free to fall back in love with me, I promise I won't mind.

By the way, I'm glad you can admit that you're evil.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment