<

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

A Wonderfully Dark and Troubled Soul

When I started this blog, I stated that I had been having a more positive outlook on life and that my writings would reflect that. I was merely trying to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. In truth I am perpetually depressed, and my writings will reflect THAT, no matter how hard I try.

I've posted an Emily Dickinson poem below. What a wonderfully dark and troubled soul she was. I've always loved her poetry. She could convey so much with only a few words. Despite being a total recluse, she seemed to understand to much about the human experience.

At the moment I am feeling particularly low. I let myself fall in love, and I let her destroy me. After we broke up, and time passed (not nearly enough time though), she fell for someone else. He broke her heart just as she did to me. She keeps clinging to hopes that he will want her back, just as I cling to my hopes that she'll want me back. It still hurts so much sometimes. I may never be completely over her. I don't want to be. Life can be so cruel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment