<

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Return to Civilization

I just returned from a weekend trip to my parent's vacation house in Vermont. I was expecting to at least have internet access while I was there, but they had taken the computer back to Connecticut for repairs. I spend so much time at my computer at work and at home that I guess it's probably good to get away from them once in a while. I just wasn't prepared for it this time.

I think I need to write an angry letter to the people of Claremont, NH. What a fucking civil engineering nightmare that town is. When you get to the center of town, you hit a rotary with exits going every which way, and none of the road numbers are clearly marked. You just have to pick one and hope that you chose correctly, because there are no street signs for about 30 miles to tell you if you were right or not. This time I only had to turn around once, luckily.

Also, I would like to reaffirm my support for the hunting of deer. They are really cute, and I know I couldn't kill one myself, but I came damn close to hitting one with my car the other night. This wasn't just a little deer that would smash up the front end a little bit. This was a huge one with great long legs, so if I hit him it would have taken out his legs, and then his giant body would have crushed the windshield and likely killed me.

I'm looking forward to seeing my family this Thanksgiving. It'll be good to see my adorable niece and nephew. I do have to work on Friday, though, so that means I have to drive 2.5 hours down on Wednesday night and then back on Thursday night. That also means I can't drink much on Thursday, so I'm not happy about that. Thanksgiving is a perfect excuse for getting shit-faced on mimosas at 11:30 am. Oh well, I guess I'll survive.

Okay, that's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment