<

Friday, December 03, 2004

...and Elswhere a Skeksi Turns to Dust

I was just perusing the headlines and I came across this one stating that the oldest person in America passed away at age 114. (It said she lived a wholesome life, which doesn't bode well for my prospects at longevity). For some reason, it made me think of the Dark Crystal and how when one of the wise old mystics died, one of the creepy, evil Skeksis would die at the same time. She seems like a sweet old woman, so I was picturing a horrible, rotten old man dying simulaneously, perhaps something like this:

.

In other news, the Bush administration is continuing its assault on America's credibility in the world (what little is left of it)as it insists that there is nothing wrong with using evidence obtained through torture in trying accused terrorists. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I don't think America should be instituting policies of torture. If they have to torture someone to stop an attack, then I guess that's okay as long as it isn't policy and no one gets caught doing it. I expect the CIA and others to use such tactics in secret, but it really hurts America when our government tries to justify such horrible policy.

2 Comments:

Hm, it does seem just a little ominous when one's government condones torture like that. Really makes for a bleak future outlook on things... Also, nice analogy with the Dark Crystal- great movie.. heh.

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 2:55 AM  

It is ridiculous. Our government is doing some horrible things in our name. It will take decades to regain the respect of the world after this president.

I just took another look at that CNN article and saw that the woman who is now the oldest American has the same birthday as me. Kind of spooky. Or not. Meh.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment