<

Friday, January 07, 2005

Ah...Sweet, Raging Jealousy

I just wanted to post something quickly here. Work is somewhat busy, so I'm a little short on time. Last night I was organizing some digital photos I have on my computer from my trip to London last September (from which the below portrait was taken) and from New Years Eve in NYC.

The pictures from London were taken by Mary (aka, the EX), and she put them on a CD for me. The files were on the disk, but there was also a folder with a random name, so I clicked the folder and a few more picture files appeared. I clicked one, and the giant face of the punk-ass bitch that Mary hooked up shortly after we broke up was on my computer screen. There were a few other pics of him too. Oh man, did that get me into a jealous rage. She and I are great friends, but I've only once seen what he looks like, and I didn't need to see it again. He ended up breaking her heart, so I hate him even more.

I let her know that those pictures were on there, since she clearly made an attempt not to put them there. She reminded me about the time last fall when I accidentally forwarded her an e-mail I was attempting to send to a girl I had just started dating. There were about 15 e-mails included in the history that were attached, and Mary read all of them. I don't think I've ever been so embarrassed in my life.

Mary was sure that I did it on purpose to make her jealous, but I swear to god it was an accident. I sent it by Hotmail, and I must have clicked her name in my contact list as I was writing it. I hit send, and a message appeared stating that my message had been sent to the girl I was dating and Mary as well. There was nothing I could do at that point to stop it. It was probably a Freudian slip or something, because I obviously wasn't over her at that point, but who knows.

...I'll be back later...

2 Comments:

ooooh, isn't raging jealousy FUN? No, no it isn't. But I suppose it's part of the whole human emotion thing- try as I might to NOT have it- it's always going to be present I think. And that email thing SUCKS- doesn't it just figure though? Grr, stupid ease of mistakes with the clicking of a mouse...

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 2:30 AM  

Email can be a dangererous thing. I still can't believe that happened :-0!

No, jealousy is not fun. I've experienced it before, but never quite so much as with her. I get over it pretty quickly, though. As time goes on, the fits of jealousy happen less and less, but certain things can happen--like seeing those pics--that really set me off.

Oh well, time wounds all heels. Oh wait a minute, switch that around. :-)

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment