<

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The Human Constrictor

I'm at work at the moment, and things have finally slowed down a little bit. Yesterday was really busy, and I didn't have time to write last night. I had a good time over the weekend, and I'll have some pictures to post within the next couple of days, or as soon as I can find time. New Year's Eve in NYC was fun, but I will never attempt to go to Times Square on that night ever again. Holy shit, what a fucking mess.

We could only get within about ten blocks of the festivities, as the police had started closing streets off to pedestrians. We would be in a sea of people all pressed up against each other trying to move forward towards Times Square, and all of a sudden the police would be pushing people back in the other direction. In addition to this, there were groups of juvenile urban thugs who were trying to plow through the crowd in either direction, but were only succeeding in creating panic. The effect was what I would imagine it feels like to have a 20 foot python wrapped around your whole body. I honestly thought I was going to get trampled.

The rest of the time in New York was fun, though. I got to visit with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in a while. I didn't get as many pictures of sites in the city as I wanted to (we got there much later than expected and left earlier than expected), but I did manage to get a few good pics. Oh well, I'll be back there soon enough.

Okay, that's it for now. If I have time later, I will post something regarding current events (probably something about the victims of the tsunami in Asia. I feel sort of shallow focusing only on myself when there is so much suffering in the world right now).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment