<

Friday, December 31, 2004

Final Post of 2004

Well, this is it folks. The last day of 2004. This year was a total blur, and I can't believe it's over already. Still, my life has changed so much over the last 365 days (including the extra day for leap year but not including today). Shit, now that I think about it, a lot of stuff happened this year.

A year ago I was in a relationship which was the best thing to happen in my life for a long time. I spent the first part of the year moving 150 miles from home to be close to her. I found a shitty apartment, then a job, then a better apartment, then a slightly better job. At right about the midpoint of the year, the relationship ended (much to my dismay), and I sort of went into a downward spiral for a while.

I was utterly destroyed, and I haven't fully recovered to this day. Things gradually get easier, but it still hurts sometimes. She and I have managed to remain good friends, and as time has passed since the relationship ended, we have come to know one another on a much deeper level than when we were together. A good friendship is a wonderful thing (and extremely rare in my life of late). Of course I've made no secret of my persisting desire for it to be something more, but oh well.

I haven't the slightest idea of what this next year will bring, but I have high hopes. Some resolutions:
1. Start working out again and get back into shape.
2. Find a better job, doing what I enjoy, making more money.
3. Pay down some of my ridiculous credit card debt.
4. Have a lot of sex.
5. Fall in love again.
6. Get a better place to live where I can have a cat and no roommate who's allergic.
7. Attain inner peace.
8. Attain world peace.

Okay, methinks that is enough resolutions for one year. Tomorrow I am off to New York City to celebrate New Year's Eve with some of my old friends from college. I'll have my new digital camera with me, so when I return I will have some great pics to share.

Happy New Year to everyone!

3 Comments:

Ah Skrambly, It would seem you've had quite the year. I'm so sorry about your gal- seems like you went through a very tough time with it all. But I suppose that's life- in all it's downtrodden glory. Sounds like you are going to have fun on new years though, you ought to put a picture of yourself up on your blog, sos we can all see what you look like... that probably sounds creepy of me... oh well. Have fun anyway!

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 4:06 AM  

Happy New Year Hansy! If I can find a picture of myself that I like, perhaps I'll post it. It has to be from just the right angle so you can't see the hideous goiter coming out of my neck. (hehe, just kidding)

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 10:21 AM  

haHA! Oh man, I got really excited there for a second! I mean, physical abormalities are an excuse to make fun of others right? :) Anyway, the only trouble I have with getting photos taken is people getting the perfect angle to capture a double chin, or a nice shot of me eating something...

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 2:07 AM  

Post a Comment