<

Monday, September 26, 2005

The Seal Sighting

I have a lot to write about, but no time. And it's driving me nuts. At any rate, I'll post some pics from my excursion yesterday. It began with seeing a harbor seal in the Piscatequa River, about 10 feet away from me as I fished from shore (of course, I didn't get any pictures of him while he was close, but that's okay).

I've been praying to get a chance to see one of these creatures since I moved here. He was amazing. My hands were shaking from the adrenaline, so the pictures look a little bit like those Lochness Monster "photos", but you get the general idea. The White Mountain pictures should be much prettier.

I made a goal, half-jokingly, to see both a seal and a moose in the same day. I was so fired up from seeing the seal that I set north, and drove for about an hour and a half to the White Mountains. This was certainly moose country, but I wasn't having any luck. I decided to take a gondola ride to the top of Wildcat Mountain, and hiked down. If you look at the map in the previous link, I followed the black diamond trail on the right (your right, as you're looking at it), and stayed on the outside right trails all the way down.

My legs are killing me from the hike down. It was steep and brutal, but well worth it. I'll load pictures as time allows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment