<

Monday, March 23, 2009

Another Quick Post

Okay, so I said I was back, then disappeared.  I think you (the Royal You), may expect to see me here from time to time, but only as time and life allows, which may be few and far between, or obnoxiously often.  Time will tell.

Went to NYC this past weekend, had to use up a plane ticket credit before it expired in April.  May I just advise you, reader, wherever you are:  DO NOT FLY INTO OR OUT OF LA GUARDIA AIRPORT!!!  It is the most run-down, dilapidated, dirty, disgusting, poorly-located airport I have ever seen or can imagine.

In looking at the Cold War-era architecture, with ancient rusty hangars with broken windows sprawling across a huge area, I was reminded of Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome (the silly one with Tina Turner).  Everything remains in disrepair.   To understand what it looks like today, imagine the skeletal insides of the Air Traffic Control Tower below being exposed, with nearly every hanger and terminal looking like their about to fall down:



That shiny white tower is nearly gone, left with merely iron bones which will soon be sent to China to be melted down and re-s0ld to America as Steel.  Such is the way of the world, I suppose.

2 Comments:

Everyone must be out to play... thought I'd say hi!

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 10:41 PM  

You disappear longer that I do. Who know that was possible? xoxo

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment