<

Monday, January 10, 2005

Creeping Influenza

I think it's always best to avoid admitting to yourself that you're getting sick, lest you give yourself a psychosomatic illness. However, denial can only get you so far. I have to admit that I am not feeling well at all, and my health seems to be deteriorating by the minute. The fact is, most of the people I work with and hang out with were just sick or are now coming down with it. I spent a lot of time hanging out with Mary for the last couple of days, and she had to call in sick today. Hopefully it's nothing, but my headache, body aches, sinus problems, chills, and swollen glands are telling me otherwise.

I'm sitting at work and I just don't feel like doing anything (other than writing in my blog, obviously). I have a project to do, but at the moment I just feel like sitting at my desk doing nothing. I can get away with it for now, as long as no one notices that the files laid out in front of me are only there so I can look busy.

Other than whining about my health, not too much to talk about right now. I saw Ocean's Twelve last Saturday. I give it a "meh". I didn't really like the first one that much, and there were a lot of jokes and plot twists tied to the first one. It just seemed like a waste of a really good cast. I guess it was supposed to be G-rated or something. Maybe if some people got killed it would have been better. You can't ever have too much death and destruction (in movies anyways).

I'm excited that Jack Bauer is back on 24. Last night's episode was great, as always, and I'm looking forward to the next two hours tonight. That show is just so intense.

Okay, that's it for now. If I have time I will post again tonight. If I get as sick as I feel like I'm going to get, and I have to stay home tomorrow, I will likely be posting extensively from home (unless I'm just laid out in bed, which is quite possible too).

3 Comments:

I wish you well with your flu. Get lots of sleep- best advice there is. Also, be as lazy and whiney as possible, I've found that this does wonders for one's recovery time :).

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 9:40 PM  

Yeah, what good is being sick if you can't be lazy and whiney? Oh well, I'm actually feeling a little better today, but I think I'll just whine for attention anyways.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 10:31 AM  

Good Plan!

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment