<

Friday, January 28, 2005

Oh, Chuck...

"I've developed a new philosophy . . . I only dread one day at a time."

-----------------Charlie Brown





I'm not sure if anyone cares that I stole the above image, but I'm pretty sure it falls under the "fair use" rule. Meh.

I am so glad this week is almost over. I have to pick Mary up from the airport tomorrow. She's been in Mexico all week, where it's 85°F all day. It figures that the day she left we got what they are calling "The Blizzard of 2005" (and I consider it extremely bad luck that they are calling it that. Now we'll probably get several more blizzards.) It's also been the coldest week of the winter so far, so I'm even more jealous that she's in a warm place.

I really miss her, even though it's only been a few days. We broke up several months ago, but we've remained good friends. Since I moved so far to be close to her, I don't have very many friends around here (I do have a couple of friends though, so I'm not a total loser). Here is where I might have started to whine about how I'm still in love with her, but I actually feel like I'm getting over her. Of course, if she were to change her mind...

At any rate, I need to start meeting new people around here. I'm not into the bar scene, so I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll become a born again Christian so I can meet people through church groups. They might have a problem with my worshipping Satan, however. Is it okay to worship both God and Satan? I figure I could hedge my bets that way so I'd be welcomed with open arms in whatever kingdom I end up in when I die.

On second thought, Christians are too screwy for me. Ha! Just kidding. Some of my best friends are Christian. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to offend an entire group of people. I'm fairly agnostic in that I don't feel qualified to say if there is or isn't a God. I mean, who am I to say? It's sort of an unknown unknown, as Donald Rumsfeld might say. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Rumsfeldism I'm referring to, here 'tis:

"As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don't know
We don't know."

—Donald Rumsfeld at a Feb. 12, 2002, Department of Defense news briefing




Okay, that's it for now. I just had to re-type this entire post. I had finished, then I highlighted it to copy it before attempting to publish it, and all of a sudden I lost everything. Very annoying.

4 Comments:

Thanks Little Boy. I just saw this comment on your bizare blog:

"thats a very smart thing to do: go around all the blogs u can find pasting copies of the same complimmenting comment and inviting the bloggers to visit your page and do the same thing.
It's just sad to know that you didnt even read anyone of those blogs! Mine was in portuguese!!!
Anyone reading this comment: please dont mind browsing through this self-centered blog! There are plenty more blogs out there wich deserve your attention!

By Endovelico,"


Little Boy, who is supposedly from Iran (maybe, or maybe not), pasted the same comment he posted above in maybe dozens of other blogs, looking for a response on his blog from everyone. Many people have posted replies on his blog. Interesting concept.

(The blog name makes me wonder...fat man, little boy...hmmmm...what's he going for???...???...hmmmm....)

The site has been hacked to pieces, but there are some cool effects on it. I need to learn some new kung-fu like that.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 12:51 AM  

Hi!

Okay - got that sorted and put you in my favourites.
Actually I think that particular quote of Rumsfeld does make absolute sense. (Not that I'd want anyone to think I was on his side or anything!)

Maybe you need a third alternative to worship. Somewhere between God and Satan.

We've just had a few cold days but no blizzards. Not in UK South anyway. A cold spell, some snow and some blizzards would be just the job. Holed up in the warm. Such a romantic notion.

Perhaps not, though, if your "friend" is somewhere hot.

By Blogger Roger Stevens, at 11:24 AM  

BTW - don't know if you're a soccer fan but Portsmouth (the UK variety) was knocked out of the FA Cup today by Southampton.

By Blogger Roger Stevens, at 11:26 AM  

Hi my friend... thanks for leaving a comment for me... and I am so much happy that you replyed me... I am still thinking that your blog is so much professional... you can even leave many bad words in your comments and there is no matter with it... BTW I am just 14 years old... born on 4th of July 1990 ... I wish you could understand that all the things I wrote in my blog are true...
Keep in touch my friend... bye

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment