<

Monday, June 13, 2005

Slow Work Day = Blogging Time

I'm making a second attempt at a blog entry from work. I started writing one earlier, but the office manager / IT person came over to work on my computer. I was just noticing on CNN.com that the jury has reached a decision in the Michael Jackson case, which is to be read in just a few minutes. My feeling on that, based on very limited knowledge of the case, is that he may not have done it this time, but he sure as hell did ten years ago. So, either way, I think the guy is a twisted pervert.

At any rate, things are going pretty well these days. I like the new job, and I've managed to get out to do fun stuff on the weekends for the last several weeks. I just wish I had more friends around here. That's what I get for moving 150 miles to a place where I don't know anyone (okay, so I knew one person). When I was in college and in my early twenties it was easy to meet people. It happened on a daily basis without any effort on my part. It seems that everyone my age is busy getting married and making babies.

Oh well, who needs friends anyways. At least I have my blogfriends, most of whom are beautiful, sexy, and smart women with great senses of humor (yes, I know, I am shameless with the flattery). I really wish I knew this many awesome ladies in real life. I'm also thankful for my male blogfriends, but there aren't too many Skrambled readers carrying a Y chromosome. There is the Forgotten Machine, of course, and Roger Stevens on occasion, but that's about it for regular visitors (all apologies to other dudes who stop by regularly without leaving comments).

I was thinking that when I win millions of dollars in the lottery it would be cool to throw a big party and to buy everyone plane tickets to come to it. I'll be rich enough to get any band to come and play, so we could have a vote on the entertainment. Maybe I could buy an island somewhere in the Carribean and we could all party in my own private resort. Hell, we could all move there and start our own country. Man, I need to get rich soon.

3 Comments:

I just got my passport renewed... let's go! Ok, so you may not have been including me, but oh well. I'll get rich and buy the island next to you and we can run a ferry between the two for the endless party! =)

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 5:37 PM  

YESSSS! Caribbean island here I come. I can't wait till you get rich either Skrambled ;). And hey, you don't need many friends, so long as the ones you've got are really awesome, that's all that matters right? Glad you're liking the new job and also getting some time to have fun, and here's to hoping that you'll win the lottery soon.

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 9:52 PM  

lw, don't be silly, of course I was including you. I love the ferry idea. Maybe we should put our riches together and buy a whole archipelago.

Heidi, they freaked me out pretty badly. I'm actually not sure that the bug in the top two pictures is a spider. As Mysfit pointed out, he only has six legs. Still, he only has two body sections like a spider, so I don't know what to think. Maybe a bird ate two of his legs.

Hansy, I agree. 'Tis better to have one awesome friend than a hundred shitty friends. And thanks for the well wishes on my getting filthy stinking rich.

Forgotten, I hear Michael's been having some money problems after this whole thing. We might be able to get him to play for us for a cheaper rate. But, then again, I don't think so (he'd probably ask us to throw in some little boys to sweeten the deal).

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment