<

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Deadbeat Blogger

So, I did not visit blogfriends over the weekend in Vermont like I said I would. The house there has a dial-up internet connection, and I just don't have the patience to deal with it. I've posted a few pictures from VT below, and I may have some more to put up later. It was great to get away for a few days. Five of my best friends from CT came up, and we had a blast. Lots of food, beer, wine, liquor, jello shots, and any other booze we could get our hands on. Good times.

I realize that I've been absent from blogworld of late. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get back to blogging as often as I used to. I've been pretty stressed out with the new job, so when I get home I usually just feel like relaxing instead of sitting in front of my computer to write. I also feel like I'm wasting time that I could be using to study for this class that I'm taking.

Since I've been posting so infrequently, I actually entertained the idea of deleting my blog, as Retarius did recently, but that seems a bit drastic. I just feel like I've promised a hundred times that I'll return to daily blogging, but it doesn't seem to be happening. I hate breaking promises, so I end up feeling guilty. And what's the point of that? So, no more promises, except to say that I will write as often as I have the time or will to do so.

5 Comments:

I will beat your ass if you hit that delete button. I mean it. I'll drive over and simply beat you. Endlessly. I'd rather see a post once a week and find out how things are as opposed to not seeing any posts at all. You just need to find a new pace; a new rhythm. There are new matters of importance for you that need tending to first, but please, trust that we'll be patient with you... keep the blog up and running - no matter how slowly.

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 4:13 PM  

Hey Skrambly, it was good to hear from you again. Glad to hear your job is still going well, if stressful. I have entertained thoughts of blog-deletion, but keep at it man. I have also had the recent urge to pierce my nose, that one really came out of the blue...

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 8:35 PM  

Thanks guys. I won't really delete it. I just got to thinking, "What if...?" I've been frustrated that I don't have enough time to make it as good as I'd like to, and I don't want to see my blog die a slow death, with fewer and fewer posts. I can almost understand what retarius did, because it's better to go out on a high note.

This blog has been evolving over the last several months, and I just think I'm entering another phase with it. I'm not ready to give up on it yet. We'll just have to see where it goes.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 9:53 PM  

I just stumbled here for the first time... wouldn't be very nice to quit now!

By Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today, at 10:57 PM  

Yes please, let's all wait and see how it evolves. Deleting one's blog can be unhealthy. or so I've heard.

By Blogger Arethusa, at 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment