<

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Thurl Ravenscroft, Rest In Peace.



The voice of Tony the Tiger died on Sunday (I know, I'm a little late. meh). I never heard his name before, and neither did most people reading this, I'm sure. I also never knew that the same voice that pitched breakfast cereal to me throughout my youth was the same voice that sang, "You're a mean one, Mister Grinch..."

A moment of silence please...

I started to wonder what's going to happen to Tony in future commercials . I remember what happened to Kermit when Jim Henson died. The new voice was just a cheap knock-off, and I think a part of my childhood died when I first heard the bastardized speech of the muppet imposter. However, I guess you only need so many takes of, "They're Grrrreat!" before you've got enough material to work with. Perhaps they won't need a new Tony.

Though Tony was just an evil advertising creation seared into my brain as a child, it would disturb me too much to hear a replacement. What can I say, I watch too much TV, way too much (obviously).

1 Comments:

i miss salem n.h. (fun times at canopy lake park)

By Blogger Troy, at 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment