<

Monday, September 05, 2005

Kicking It in Manhattan

I'm writing this from my hotel room in NYC. I got upgraded to a deluxe room, which includes a computer and free internet service. I just found out that it's free, or I would have written sooner. Right now I'm enjoyed a scotch on the rocks, courtesy of the mini-bar in the room. It's goddam expensive, but I am really enjoying it right now.

I've been having the most amazing weekend in New York. It started with my car rental, which became a fiasco when the pickup location was closed. I found another location with the same car rental company, and they upgraded my car for all the trouble. The car is SWEET!

I got to the city and went right to my friends Eric and Erica's place about ten in the morning, along with my friends Mike and Tom, who rode with me. We got off to an early start and did so many things. I had an early-morning Bloody Mary, which set the drunken tone for the day. We went everywhere. We saw the World Trad Center site, the spot where John Lennon was murdered, the Strawberry Fields memorial, the Natural History Museum, Soho, Chinatown, Little Italy, the Village, and the South Street Seaport, which is really close to my hotel.

On the negative side, my car had a flat tire when I went to get it from the garage. There was some sort of warning light going off ("check tire pressure"), but I didn't realize what it meant. Silly me. Also, when I came back to the hotel today, I found that one of my friends who stayed here clogged the toilet up. It was disgusting, and it took them about 45 minutes to get someone up here with a plunger. The smell was so bad that I couldn't go in there to take a shower, as I had initially planned.

Today we went to a party in Queens held by a couple that Eric and Erica are friends with. The host's father is apparently a very successful businessman, because this had to be a multi-million dollar house. It was beautiful. We had good food, good wine, and we even got to take a swim in the pool. It was a blast, but I had to leave early so I can get up in the morning and get my rental car back to New Hampshire.

I have spent a ton of money this weekend, but it was worth it. I wish I could afford to live in NYC. Perhaps someday, when I'm rich. I shall have many pictures to post when I get home. There may in fact be a ridiculous number of pictures posted (which will probably include pictures of me so I can enjoy some more compliments from all of you beautiful ladies. I don't even know what most of you look like (you know who you are) , but I can just tell.

Okay, I'm starting to get buzzed from the scotch, so I better stop before I write something I regret. I may return later to treat my blog withdrawal some more. I hope everyone had a splendid weekend. Pictures to come.

2 Comments:

Your trip sounds like a blast! Well, with a few small exceptions. It has been way too many years since I've visited NYC but I'd love to go back. It's like a world all it's own, isn't it? Glad you had the time to get away and do something fun. And you could have kept on with the scotch... drunken blogging/emailing is quite fun, you know? =)

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 11:23 AM  

NYC is the center of the universe. There are so many different cultures co-existing there.

And drunken blogging can be fun, but you can also say something you regret.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment