<

Monday, January 31, 2005

Swamped

I wanted to post something quickly, though it will be nothing more than filler. My manager is back after being on vacation, so I am insanely busy as she catches up on everything. Also, I need to spend a lot of time this week working on my resume, since I just saw a classified ad for a job I would like to have. As such, I may not have anything substantial to post over the next few days. I will return Wednesday night, or Thursday at the latest to rant about Bush's State of the Union Address. I'm sure that his speech will piss me off in one way or another.

Anyone want to start taking bets on which country he'll be declaring war on? I'm going to say Iran, but maybe he'll surprise us and add Canada to the Axis of Evil.

7 Comments:

Hah, the poor man. He just thinks EVERYone is out to get him. I would honestly not be surprised if he waged war on the entire world! (Oh wait! he's basically already done that...)

By Blogger Laura, at 5:08 PM  

I'm betting on the Swiss too. They've got that cheese with holes in it- that's just not right (if it's not Velveeta or Kraft (love the "quaint" phonetic misspelling there), it's terrorist cheese. I mean, they could hide exposives in the holes or something..). Not only that, but they also wear funny clothes and don't talk like us- OBVIOUSLY un-American, which naturally means they're heathens. But Canada is a valid object of our hatred as well. Only time will tell... Good luck with the job (what with the economy we've got at this point in time- which we can also thank Bush for!).

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 12:13 PM  

Ah, yes, the Swiss. You guys might be on to something here. Damn the Swiss. That yodelling could be a secret code, holding instructions on when the Swiss will rise up to take over the world. Yes, a preemptive strike may be in order...

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 12:25 PM  

Wow, I have been experiencing some really powerful déjà vu since reading Hansy's comment above. The whole idea of terrorist cheese seems to have triggered it. Very strange...

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 12:35 PM  

I was in the supermarket last week and one of the Swiss cheeses definitely game me a sneaky look. Proof indeed that the Swiss are intent on ending the world as we know it.

And there's all those forests in Canada. That means lots of dead wood. And that means weapons of moss destruction.

Um... sorry... but it's late over here and I'm very tired...

night night.

By Blogger Roger Stevens, at 5:46 PM  

haHA! Oh the terrorist cheese- the American citizens live in constant fear of it. Maybe they ought to have a cheese-terror-alert system. Something along the lines of off-white/swiss, orange alert/cheddar, red alert... baby bell cheese (you know the one I'm talking about, the little round ones?)?

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 8:09 PM  

Sorry Jon, I accidentally deleted your other comment.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment