<

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Frustration on Various Levels

Aaaggh!!! Blogger is driving me nuts today. I've tried to comment on several people's blogs today, but all I get after hitting comments is "Can't find server." Is anyone else having trouble today? I just tried to get onto the comments screen on mine, and it worked, so I don't know what that's all about. I don't have too much to write about, at any rate. Just a few personal items.

Last night, after humping just about every piece of furniture in my apartment, I suddenly began to think about how badly I need a girlfriend. As I was making sweet love to the coffee maker, I said to myself, "Hmmm...I think something is missing from my life..." I think it must be mating season for the Skrambled One (as further indicated by my referring to myself in the third person). Yes, the Skrambled One needs to get him some, and soon. (By the way, I was JOKING about the furniture, lest any of you think I'm a deranged pervert or anything. My blow-up doll suits me just fine...heh heh...)

I'm sure I'll find someone soon, but not soon enough. There are a couple of young ladies I've been pursuing (hedging my bets), so we'll have to see how it all works out. As some of you may know, I had my heart ripped out of my chest and slammed against the wall last year (a la Bart Simpson in that episode with Sara Gilbert). So, I'm not really dying to get involved in an emotionally draining relationship again--at least not yet. Casual sex can be good, and that does manage to happen every so often in my life, but I prefer to have it regularly (read: multiple times per day) with one person that I care deeply about. I suppose casual sex will have to do until I find that person (well, that and my wonderful coffee maker).

So I've got blogger frustration, sexual frustration, and lastly, job frustration. The job I have right now isn't too bad. There's a lot that I like about it, but I need to be making a lot more money. I just applied for another position within the same company where I would be earning more, but they are moving so freakin' slowly on it. I applied for it about 5 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting to get an interview. I think there is a very strong chance that I will get it, but it takes forever for things to happen in this evil corporation. I know a woman in the same position I am applying for, and she said it took six months for them to finally hire her. It is really starting to piss me off. Hopefully it'll happen soon. The down side is I won't be able to post as extensively if I get it because I'll be much more busy.

Okay, that's it for now. I may return later if possible.

2 Comments:

Yikes. Oh, I mean - there, there now... heehee. I really feel your frustration; except for me it was the ice maker. Anyway...

I am in the same situation: former love stomped and peed on my heart. Dated - still got nowhere. I have basically cut myself off from it altogether but find myself wanting to get involved again, to an extent. I guess I just haven't returned to the casual sex place yet, but I AM looking up directions as I type.

Sucks, doesn't it? I often wonder why it appears to be so easy for some people and difficult for others. (Perhaps it has something to do with that 7th Level of Hell thing for me.)

Until you find a chica, you have the frustration of your job to see you through. What a bonus. But look at it this way, you can use the time to release the pent up frustration in your writings. But please, consider switching to decaf anyway...

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 7:11 PM  

Humping the couch..sheesh..all you need is a blowup doll..j/k..hehe..go get a girlfriend! I am sure there are plenty of girls that would love to be your gal. I didn't know Steve that well, but he was a great man. It sucks. Kalamazoo is wacko, it has a deceptive facade.

By Blogger Y, at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment