<

Saturday, March 05, 2005

I Am a Genius!!!

Okay, so I don't want to hear anything negative from you HTML savvy people. Everything I know about it I've learned on my own from playing around with it. So, let me just say, I feel really smart right now. I've changed the stupid header that this template came with to one more befitting. It was actually much easier to do than I thought it would be. Still, I just ran around doing the happy dance while singing the "I Am So Smart Song". For those who don't know (and why would you, considering that I just made it up), it goes:

"I am so smart,
I am so smart,
I am so FREAKIN' SMAAAART,
I am so smart."

(UPDATE: As Hansy was kind enough to point out, I must have accidentally plagiarized a Homer Simpson song above. Ooops. I say Doh! all the time too without even thinking about it.)

I'd like to change the color of the title within the header, but I couldn't figure out where I would put in the color code. I did manage to change the color of some of the headers to purplish, which wasn't what I was going for, but I think it looks better anyways.

At any rate, any feedback would be appreciated.

4 Comments:

Bah! You're a freakin genius! And your song is rather reminiscint of Homer's song, is it not? Perhaps a little smarter than his though... and are you giving HTML lessons anytime soon? I'd like to tweak a few things on my blog! Your new fangled blog is looking good though!

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 11:44 AM  

Dammit. I thought I was being original. As I have said, I am a huge Simpsons nerd, so I am certain that that is how the song got into my head. Homers song:

"I am so smart, I am so smart. S-M-R-T. I mean S-M-A-R-T."

Oh well. Thanks for letting me know. I wouldn't want to be a plagiarist.

And hey, if you're having trouble figuring something out, send me an email and I'll see if I can help. I'm no expert, but I'm okay at figuring stuff out.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 2:11 PM  

Rock on, I love the omelette pan! I could have shown you how to do that, but figuring it out yourself is just the epitome of cool.

Hansy, I could have tweaked your stuff too, like I did with Lolo's (but she didn't have any awesome tweaks like this guy in mind).

By Blogger Optimus Skiver, at 5:15 PM  

Like the new header. And I prefer it centred.

If you still wanna change the colour of the title within the header you need to change the properties of the h1 tag. So that is the number in this line:

h1 {margin: 0; color: #7B8186; font-size: 1.5em; text-transform: lowercase;}

And that can be found in the
/* -- basic html elements -- */ section. I think.

By Blogger Fence, at 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment