<

Monday, February 21, 2005

Quick News Bytes

I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but there is a lot in the news to talk about.

There is now proof that President Bush smoked pot. Anyone who is surprised by this is helplessly naive. I don't care that he smoked weed, but I do care that he is one of the hypocritical politicians who push anti-drug policies that put people in jail for years, even though they themselves did the same thing. I will say that I don't think it was right for that guy to secretly tape him. Far be it from me to ever say anything in Bush's defence, but I consider it a serious invasion of privacy to tape someone without their knowledge. It was just as wrong when Linda Tripp secretly recorded Monica Lewinsky talking about her affair with President Clinton. You see, unlike GOPigs, I'm not a hypocrite.

Also, as I mentioned last night, Hunter S. Thompson killed himself yesterday with a gunshot to the head. I'll be devoting an entire post to it one day this week, so I'm not going to say much here. I'm sure he had some serious problems, and perhaps was suffering from mental illness, but I still think suicide is just about the most cowardly thing a person can do. I don't know if there is an afterlife, or reincarnation, or what, but I know that no matter what happens after you die, you will end up in a lesser place if you take your own life.

Here is a disturbing story which illustrates why you should never let you girlfriend tie your up to have sex, most especially after an argument. I mean, holy shit, as if it wasn't bad enough that she cut his dick off, but then she flushed it down the toilet. That's just heartless.

Here is another penis related story from a South African publication. I don't know what the hell that guy was thinking.

Okay, no time to ellaborate at the moment. Hopefully I'll be back later with some more commentary.

5 Comments:

Hm, that's a lot of penis news in one post. Poor guy- that IS messed up, but I wonder what it's like to reattach a body part like that after it's been fished out of a toilet. I don't know if I agree about the suicide thing. So many people look down upon the act. And you are right- it's probably the easy way out. Though I don't know about an afterlife either, I can only feel pity for someone who is so tortured that they'd rather be dead than alive in any state. It's something I'll need to do more thinking on before arriving at a decisive opinion. Hope you had a lovely weekend. And you have a lesbian for a roommate?! FUN! Ricky and I were actually talking about rooming together next year when I go to art school- YAY for the gays!

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 9:36 PM  

Well, of course I feel pity for for someone who would rather be dead than alive, but pity isn't the same thing as sympathy, which I do not feel. Ever since one of my older brothers had a close friend kill himself, and I saw the pain it caused everyone he knew, it just makes me mad to hear about anyone committing suicide.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 10:50 AM  

True true. I guess I didn't take that into consideration. Though we had a close friend who committed suicide as well. It was after his wife had had a very long and painful battle with cancer. In the end, though we were sad- he couldn't have lived without her- and had been hooked on some heavy drugs after she'd died. I guess I'd have to look at it on a case by case basis to really know what I felt.

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 12:32 PM  

I suppose I shouldn't just make blanket statements like that. I'm sorry about your friend, it must have been tough. Who am I to judge him or anyone else?

Still, though, I've hit some pretty low points in my life. If it weren't for my strong feelings against suicide, who knows what kind of thoughts might have entered my mind

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 7:39 PM  

It's true- blanket statements are never good- and I'm full of them all the time. I didn't mean to pick apart your view on suicide- you are entitled to that. I suppose I was thinking aloud on your blog- because I really didn't know what my views on the act were and was trying to figure it out. I agree that it's a selfish act though, most times. I'm glad you got through the tough times alright. It just wouldn't be the same without such a wonderfully bitter person to comment on my blog all the time! ;)

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment