<

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

How Cool is This?

Let me just say once again that I have way too much time on my hands. I just found this site, and you'll notice if you click your mouse anywhere on this page (after it has loaded completely) that a colorful display appears. The code can be obtained by clicking on "cursor effects" on the left. I'm thinking it'll be a cool effect to have since I tend to include a lot of links. (NOTE: the effect may not work with Netscape. In fact, it may only work with Explorer, but I'm not sure. If any geeks out there know more about Javascript than I do, please feel free to share your knowledge with me. I'm new at this.)

There's another effect I tried to use which makes a trail behind the mouse, but I found that it was taking forever for the page to load when I included it. Plus, it can be a little obnoxious to include too many tricks like that. See Little Boy for an example of Javascript overkill. At first I thought Little Boy was a CIA agent (or Iranian agent??) who got his name from one of the two atomic bombs dropped on Japan, but now I think he might actually be a kid in Iran. He was going around posting the same comment in people's blogs all over the world, complimenting their blogs (and mine) and inviting people to come to his. He posted the same comment in broken English, regardless of what language the site was in. It seems to have worked because tons of people came and commented in his blog. His site is sketchy as hell, at any rate.

5 Comments:

aw shucks. i can't see the colorful thing. but agh! the stuff on that kid's site is so annoying! and yeah...i remember him going and posting all over everyone's blogs. and it did indeed work. he seems a little TOO 'in love' with his sister if you ask me...but whatever.

By Blogger Laura, at 7:07 PM  

Ooooh, special effects! Very nice- almost like a little firework, or an explosion of confetti... fun stuff. I agree with leaving the trailing thing behind the cursor out though, because some of those are so obnoxious it isn't even funny. Plus it's rather irritating to have something continually following your mouse like it's got static-cling or something.

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 7:14 PM  

Is that cheating? Visiting hundreds of blogs so that they'll visit yours?

By Blogger Roger Stevens, at 8:17 PM  

Yes, it is definitely cheating. Especially when he couldn't possibly have read most of them, unless he speaks twenty different languages.

And yes, Lolo, definitely a little creepy with his feelings for his sister. But who knows, maybe he's a good kid who doesn't want to screw his sister.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 9:23 PM  

No funfetti things for me either... As far as the other site, it's too in your face and annoying. If you can do all that, you can get to your sister. In a non-Jerry Springer kind of way. Just looking at that site made me think I was causing irrepairable damages to my hard drive. Ick.

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment