<

Friday, February 04, 2005

Senator Lieberman, You Are a Piece of Shit

Well, as expected, the Senate confirmed Alberto Gonzales as Attorney General. Our government has put it's stamp of approval on torture. So much for human rights. That the Brownshirt Republicans approved of him is no surprise, but it is just shameful that six Democrats voted yes as well.

Most disturbing of all (at least to me, having been born in Connecticut), is Senator Joseph Lieberman. (Here is a lovely picture of Bush kissing him. Does that tell you anthing?) Why doesnt' he just join the Republican party? The Democratic party does not need a pussy like Joseph Lieberman. It was bad enough when he was just pushing the pro-censorship agenda, but now he's pro-torture as well.

I don't mean to keep harping on the torture thing, but the subject keeps coming up. If our government says it's okay to use waterboarding, savage beatings, humiliation, sticking lit cigarettes in the ears of prisoners, isolation to the point of inflicting permanent psychological trauma, using sexual humiliation techniques such as having a female interrogator smear allegedly fake menses on faces, etc., then it will be okay for others to do it to our soldiers when they are captured.

Joseph Lieberman approves of torture, and yet he claims that video games and movies are destroying the moral fiber of America. Fuck You Senator Lieberman.

There are some rightwing GOPigs out there who will say, "These liberals don't have anything to say when these terrorists bomb and behead innocent people, but they'll defend the ragheads." (and yes, they do talk like that). Nobody is defending the terrorists (except for maybe other terrorists), and besides that, two wrongs don't make a right. It's a matter of credibility. How can we claim to promote freedom and liberty and at the same time embrace the tactics of tyrants and despots?


...that's it for now. i'll be back later with more, and maybe to edit this piece a little...

6 Comments:

*Sigh* Thankyou for making me actually think about this. You know, it's so American to just stick your fingers in your ears and pretend to not hear something, or just let it go right over your head. I knew of the tortures, but not to this extent. And it's helpful to have a better idea of what happened, seeing as you definitely don't ever hear it on the news. I suppose when one is in search of the truth they have to seek it out themselves, and not rely on other's opinions. Anyways, continue with your passionate search for knowledge, I commend you for having such a strong stance on issues, whereas so many people have been desensitized and don't care anymore.

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 12:43 PM  

Thanks Hansy. If I can get even one person to think more about this stuff makes it worth it to me. Anytime I even try to talk to my parents about it they change the subject, though they know I'm right and they are equally horrified.

History will remember, even if people in America have temporarily forgotten those photos from Abu Ghraib. The rest of the world sees those pictures as the image of American justice. We may never live that down.

Instead of holding someone in the administration accountable, if only to show the world that such behavior is unacceptable, Bush promotes the people who formed the policies that led to torture. And the worst part about all of this is that, in all likelihood, the torturing continues to this day.

Okay, I'm ranting again. It just really pisses me off to think of what these GOPigs are doing to our country. (I've decided to refer to all Republicans as GOPigs from now on. It seems to fit somehow...)

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 10:37 PM  

PS--I should be hitting 1000 visitors within the next 12 hours or so. I feel like I should have a party or something.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 10:40 PM  

Excellent name for them, if I do say so myself. And Skrambly, you're getting so close to 1000 visitors now! Wooo!

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 10:40 PM  

Five more to go till 1000! And apparently I left my comment about that at the same time you did, so sorry about the reiterated sentiments of the message. But you're so close now!

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 1:57 PM  

996!!! I think we're on at the same time again right now, which is pretty cool. I remember when yours hit 2000 you said something about most of them being you. I think I'd have to say that probably 800 of those visits were myself, but who knows.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment