<

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Happy New Year!



I was just on Google and noticed that they had some extra graphics on there in honor of the Chinese New Year. So, it is now the year of the rooster. (By the way, I don't want to hear any "cock" jokes out of anyone. Grow up people!) I was born in the year of the dragon, which I think everyone can admit is the coolest of them all.

I had the craziest dream last night. I was in a university book store looking for books and trying to sign up for some courses I was going to be taking. The store was packed and everyone there was getting irritable. I went up to ask an older man which course I should take, and he told me to take his course and which books to get (I can't remember the course name or the books). As it turns out, he was Noam Chomsky, only in my dream he looked like Ralph Nader, complete with his post-stroke shakiness. Very strange indeed.

All of sudden the crowd in the store started getting unruly, and people were pushing each other. It felt like my experience in Manhattan on New Years Eve when I thought I was going to get trampled. I turned around and screamed "STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME!!!" at a small child who was standing behind me. His mother gave me a horrified look, and then I woke up. I think I may have actually yelled those words in my sleep, which would certainly have freaked out my roommate. Oh well.


Okay, that's it for now. I may be back later with a political rant.

5 Comments:

Yeah, well I think you'll find that the Rat is the coolest dude on the Chinese Street.

By Blogger Roger Stevens, at 5:35 PM  

hmmm...well...those are okay animal years I guess, but I've never heard of any fire-breathing rats or snakes...

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 12:41 PM  

Ah, but the tiger is cool... really guys... No, I take that back- not my favorite animal- I always wished I was a horse, but NOOO my sister got to be that. I will go with Skrambled on this one though, the dragon is the coolest one in my opinon. Cause a fire-breathing rat just doesn't give the same effect...

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 12:46 AM  

Thanks Hansy. I'm glad you agree (but tigers are pretty badass, I must say).

And P, HAH! Awesome movie reference. "'tis but a flesh wound"

By the way, WTF is up with this new setup for comments? I think I like it, but I'm not used to it yet.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 10:04 AM  

Hah, I know what you mean about the comments... it's very odd, though I think I like it.

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment