<

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Shrove Tuesday

Well, today is Mardis Gras, or Fat Tuesday, for whatever that's worth. I suppose it's a good reason to get drunk tonight. I just learned that it's also known as Shrove Tuesday in Ireland and the U.K., so apparently it's a good reason to eat pancakes as well. I wonder if I.H.O.P. serves liquor. . .

At any rate, I thought I would post something non-political, since I've been ranting so often lately. My regular blog commenters seem to go silent when I go on these rants, so maybe it turns people off. However, I don't really care. It's my blog, and if I want to rant and rave against the government, then that's exactly what I'll do. So there.

I added the Mr. X photo to my profile, which I find rather humorous. I haven't been able to figure out how to use Hello to put a real picture in there, but I think the Homer picture is way more appropriate anyways. I'm a hardcore Simpsons geek, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I've seen just about every episode at least twenty times, and they still make me laugh every time. The episode that the picture is from has to do with Homer creating a muck-raking internet site, so I think it suits this blog nicely.

By they way, if there are any other Simpsons geeks reading this, Comic Book Guy now has a name! The other night he revealed that his name is Jeff Albertson. Kind of a stupid name, but I'm sure the writers had some sort of reason behind it.



(above image borrowed from here. That attribution should cover my fair use. If not, meh.)

...that's it for now. more later...

2 Comments:

They've named the Comic Book Guy!! The horror, the horror

http://cbg.blogspot.com/ will have to change, although its not been updated in many a month.

By Blogger Fence, at 10:48 AM  

Oops. The above comment is from my alter ego, who likes to torment rightwing nutjobs who spew hatred from their blogs but don't allow anonymous comments.

I'm not sure if I'll ever create an actual blog there. I might try to come up with something for the nutjobs to look after I harass them though. hmmm...

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment