<

Thursday, February 17, 2005

One from the "Holy Crap That's Creepy" Files

Wow, I just heard a teaser for a news report and I had to Google it. Here is an old story from the BBC. Apparently there is a company who will take ashes from the cremated remains of a loved one and turn it into a diamond. What would you ladies out there think if your boyfriend proposed with a diamond made from the ashes of his dead mother? Can you say, Oedipus Complex gone waaaaay to far???

Here is where you freaks can get one of your own, made from one of your own.

3 Comments:

I KNEW there was a reason I had BBC News on my list of favorites...

That may be one the creepiest, most unsettling sites I have seen. The square-y stone (kidney or gall?) was quite attractive; however, I'd pass on the 'personalized inscription'. What would one choose to put there anyway? Would anything be appropriate? Is the concept itself appropriate? I think not.

It is obvious the numbing subzero temps and fierce wind chills of Chicago affected their brainstorming session that day.

I did learn that there are 2 certified 'collection' sites near me. :::gag::: Hey, to each their own, but it's still creepy.

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 8:59 PM  

Hah, come come now, just because I want to take the ashes from my deceased family member and turn them into a shiny little stone doesn't make me a "creep". Heh. I don't know what to think about this procedure actually. I mean, I would find it creepy to think that I'm wearing another person around my neck... but I could conceivably see doing this with a pet (like one of those people who thinks of their pets as their children) it wouldn't seem quite so macabre as a person- though I suppose we're all made of the same carbon. I remember hearing about this when it first started and simply thinking "hmmm".

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 10:20 PM  

I think I chuckled when I heard about this sorta thing. I just think all the taxidermy and mummification stuff you can get done is just silly.

Did anyone else think about mass murderers having hug diamond collections?

By Blogger Optimus Skiver, at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment