<

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Blog Neglect

Sorry to everyone who keeps stopping by to see my fewer-than-usual updates. I promise that I will eventually get back in the habit of posting every day. I've just been so busy trying to find a new job. I'm going to be starting one in a few weeks, but I'm worried that there won't be enough hours available for it. So, I continue to seek other opportunities.

I actually just sent a letter out for a position as a correspondent for a local newspaper. Seeing as how I have a bachelor's degree in English and journalism, it makes a lot more sense than some of the ridiculous office jobs I've had over the last few years. It would be a great opportunity for me, because I could do it on the side when I start my new job. It's a freelance position, so I could start building my resume as a reporter that way while having steady income and benefits from the other job. We'll have to see how that goes.

Also, I started a new temp job today, doing data entry for an insurance company. The pay sucks, and it's boring, but it seems like a nice, relaxed environment with some good people working there. I guess I can deal with it for a few weeks, since I need the income and all.

So, that's about all I have to say right now. I'm too tired for a political rant, so in lieu of that, I give you Penises in the News. (By the way, for those of us in America, 20cm is equal to about 7.9 inches. They didn't measure thickness though, which I'm told is what really counts.)

UPDATE: Oh yeah, and check out today's Non-Stop Cavalcade of Fun. Retarius is back with a vengence. I just pissed myself from laughing so hard.

UPDATE: Okay, one more thing. The Rude One has an especially rude post up about the Pope. !!!WARNING!!!: This is just about the most offensive thing I've ever read, so if you can't handle a little blasphemy, don't click this link. I am seriously going to hell for linking to this.

3 Comments:

I'm going to the 7th level... see you there, neighbor! =) I've been having a bit of blog neglect myself, so I understand. Nice to see your post though... let us know about the other job, ok?

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 9:57 AM  

if nothing else, the temp job may give you some decent connections that may help in your journalism career later...it's all about the networking... good luck with the journalism, we need some good journalists...you could be the next h.l. menken or hunter thompson...that would rock....

By Blogger arthur decko, at 4:38 PM  

Good to hear from all of you. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I shall persevere.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment