<

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Update

It's been a few days since I've posted anything, so I figure I'd better get something up here before my friends start to worry. Things have been going pretty well for the most part. I've been sending out resumes and I've been getting quick responses. I have a phone interview on Friday, so we'll see how that goes.

I already had an interview today, and I actually got the job, but there might not be enough hours available for me to keep it. Depending on the work volume, I'd be working from 25-40 hours per week. The good thing is that I'd get full benefits even if I'm only working 25 hours per week. The other thing is that it's in government information services, so there is this crazy background check. Who knows what kind of dirt they might dig up on me.

I took the job because I want to stop worrying about being unemployed, but I'm going to keep searching in case I can get a better offer. Training for the job I just got won't be starting for a few weeks anways. There is still a chance that I'll get the one I interviewed for a few weeks ago, but they are really dragging their heels on the interview process. I've decided not to count on getting that.

So, since I've found a job and actually seem to be on the right track, I don't feel so guilty about blogging in my free time. I should be able to post more regularly from here on out. I'll try to return later with either a political rant or some strange news or something.

2 Comments:

Well done.

But will it bring you job satisfaction d'you think?

By Blogger Roger Stevens, at 6:54 PM  

Thanks guys, hopefully everything will work out. And Roger, I doubt it will, but if it can pay the bills it will have to do for now.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment