<

Friday, April 01, 2005

April Fools!

"April is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.
Winter kept us warm, covering
Earth in forgetful snow, feeding
A little life with dried tubers."
----from The Wasteland, by T.S. Eliot

Did you like my scary April Fools prank? I'm hoping I didn't scare too many people away. If you look on the bottom left of the screen it kind of looks like you're getting a virus, but it's fake, so don't worry. I was just going to leave it and not say anything, but then I thought I might permanently lose some readers out of paranoia that they might actually get a virus from visiting this page. Don't worry, you're not getting a virus. You can click "No" when it asks you if you want to close the browser.

At any rate, Google has an April Fools Day joke up today, as they're known for doing. If you go to Google and click on Google Gulp, they have a humorous little section there. For those too lazy to click twice, here is the joke.
(UPDATE: GMail also has something going on at the sign-in page. Apparently they are increasing their storage size to infinity plus one. Obviously a joke, but I'm wondering if they really are increasing the size. At any rate, today is also GMail's 1st birthday, so Happy B-Day GMail!)
(ANOTHER UPDATE: I urge you all to check out Homestar Runner as well for more April Fool's Day fun. But you might not get it if you haven't ever been there before.)

Okay, that's it for now. I have a busy day ahead of me. I have a phone interview this afternoon and I have to take a drug test for the job I just got.

3 Comments:

lol!!! So sorry. I promise it'll be gone after today.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 12:57 PM  

Nice one.

We forgot it was the first of April! Didn't remember until this evening.

It was no joke.

By Blogger Roger Stevens, at 5:48 PM  

haha! that was awesome, skrambled. wait...what's that loud crashing noise? agh! the feds just knocked my door down! run away! run awaayyy!!!

By Blogger Laura, at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment