<

Friday, April 08, 2005

Am I in Communist Russia or Something?

(UPDATE: I just corrected the typo in the title (Am I Am). Did no one notice that? Or, if you did, why didn't you point it out?)

Jesus H. Fucking Christ. What has become of America? I was just reading this diary entry on DailyKos.com, by a man who was paid a visit by the Secret Service after he mentioned at a private business meeting that he was starting a think tank aimed at getting the Bush neo-cons out of office. Doesn't the Secret Service have better things to do than to stifle free speech and political dissent?

The person at the meeting took his dissent as a direct threat to the president, because chicken shit repuglicans don't understand what freedom is (though they clearly understand what fascism is). They fear any dissent against this president because if the American people (well, the other 50 percent) finally woke up to the horrible things being commited by the Bush cartel, then it would be so easy to run the neo-con GOPigs out of town. Corruption, war crimes, human rights abuses, war profiteering, lying to the American public, bankrupting the government, raping our economy, raping the environment...need I continue?

These fucking goose-stepping repuglicans stifle free speech every time they pull this shit. Here is another story about a blogger being visited by the KGB--I mean Secret Service--just before the election. Here is the blogger's defense of her non-violent nature (as if she should have to justify having an opinion contrary to the regime in power).

I know there are other examples, but I'll just offer one more. Last November, a few high school students in Boulder, Colorado were planning on performing "Masters of War" by Bob Dylan. Some parents took the song as a direct threat on the president, so they called federal authorities and the kids were visited by the Secret Service.

I remember hearing this way back then and thinking, "Wow, I should post those lyrics on my blog." Then, I actually thought, "No way, I don't want the feds coming to pay me a visit too." Well, fuck. The fact that I stifled my free speech out of fear of the government shows just how far America has fallen. So, as a protest, I am going to post the lyrics in full, right now. If any agents happen to be reading this, just know that I am exercising my rights as a patriotic American, and that I do not advocate harm upon the president. (As if I should have to explain that. Sheesh.)

"Come you masters of war
You that build all the guns
You that build the death planes
You that build the big bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it's your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes
And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
A world war can be won
You want me to believe
But I see through your eyes
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain

You fasten the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you set back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion
As young people's blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud

You've thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins

How much do I know
To talk out of turn
You might say that I'm young
You might say I'm unlearned
But there's one thing I know
Though I'm younger than you
Even Jesus would never
Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
And your death'll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand o'er your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead"


(I honestly don't see any threats there anyways. He might die from choking on a pretzel or something. That's not a threat, is it?)

3 Comments:

That's actually quite scary. Having the SS come visit your house simply because of some opinion you held.

By Blogger Fence, at 10:02 AM  

Yes, Fence, it is scary. But then, it shouldn't really surprise us. The Bushies rely on fear in everything they do. Fear is the only thing they're good at producing.

And Jenn, I'm pretty sure that those were the offending lines. But, I mean, c'mon, that's not a threat. A threat would be, "And I hope that when I kill you, you're death'll come soon."

Oh crap, I hear a knock at the door. Ummm...Mr. Secret Service agent, that was just a hypothetical situation. I wasn't suggesting that I would ever say anything like that. Okay? C'mon, put down the cattle prod....

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 10:35 PM  

that is kind of wierd, as there is a law there to prevent such a thing from happening. it's called "intelligence oversight" or something, and says the governement can't collect info on us citizens.

By Blogger arthur decko, at 1:59 AM  

Post a Comment