<

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Seething




"Anybody can become angry - that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy."--Aristotle


Well my friends, I am angry once again. I am certain it is with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right purpose, but I'm not really sure what the right way is. Is it through yelling and screaming, insults and curses? Or is it through the silent treatment--the old cold shoulder? I freely concede that there have been cases in the past where I had emotional reactions to certain situations and blew up over something small when maybe I shouldn't have. But this time I am certain that I am justified.

Sometimes you need to step back and take a good look at your friendships. It's best to do it before you're forced to do so when one of your so-called friends shows his or her true colors. I think of all the friendships I've had in this life and what happened to some of them. Some just sort of faded away with the years, but others ended suddenly, after an eye-opening experience which revealed the true nature of the relationship. I may have just had such a moment.

I'm going to leave this in it's vague state, so as not to bore you all with the deatails. Perhaps if I calm down I'll come back and revise it, but I am fuming mad right now. grrrrr....

(I shall try to return later with something a little more upbeat, but it may have to wait until tomorrow.)

4 Comments:

everyone has to get to full on hate mode now and again, some more than others. enjoy the rage while it lasts and put it to good use. upbeat is nice, but not always the most fun...

By Blogger arthur decko, at 2:59 AM  

Maybe you'll feel better in the morning. Maybe there were other things happening.

Maybe it will all turn out all right in the end.

Maybe the Sun does go round the Earth.

By Blogger Roger Stevens, at 8:38 PM  

Heidi: I'll take a scotch on the rocks.

Retarius: I agree, fits of rage are good for the soul every now and then.

Jenn: I have a pretty good idea where the egg idea came from. It is quite fitting for this blog.

Roger: Thanks for the optimistic thoughts. Oh, wait a minute, you were being facetious (but realistic, I suppose).

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 10:06 PM  

It appears that a hint of ambiguity has found you. See, sometimes that can be a good thing ...=) Give 'em a verbal ass-kickin - and feel better!

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment