<

Monday, April 11, 2005

A Few Random Thoughts

So, I thought I would post something personal since I just finished off a bit of a political rant. Things are going okay here for the most part. I have a job interview this Friday, which I have a good feeling about. I already had a long, over the phone interview last week, and I guess that must have gone well because they only selected a couple of people to come in for a real interview. We'll have to see how that goes.

I'll be starting that job I already got in a few weeks, as long as I can get past the crazy background check. Shouldn't be a problem, I hope. It seems that I actually passed my drug test, which I wasn't so sure about because I was in a room full of reefer smoke a week before. I didn't smoke, but there was so much smoke in the room that I was sure I'd fail the test because of the second hand smoke.

And things are going okay at the temp job I have at the moment. Today was pretty fucking annoying though. I did a bunch of data entry for no less than 300 accounts last week, and I had to record all of my progress in a spreadsheet. Well, some dumbass deleted the spreadsheet, so I spent ALL DAY today checking every file I worked on and re-recording it. I was more than a little pissed off, but I managed to keep a positive attitude.

So, that's all I have to say for right now. I also wanted to post a poem, just for kicks. It's another from ee cummings. I think I'll dedicate this one to retarius, as he and cummings seem to have that whole lowercase thing in common. Here 'tis:

Spring is like a perhaps hand
(which comes carefully
out of Nowhere)arranging
a window,into which people look(while
people stare
arranging and changing placing
carefully there a strange
thing and a known thing here)and

changing everything carefully

spring is like a perhaps
Hand in a window
(carefully to
and from moving New and
Old things,while
people stare carefully
moving a perhaps
fraction of flower here placing
an inch of air there)and

without breaking anything.

--e.e.cummings

2 Comments:

Perhaps you should play Retarius's new um, finger/counting/poking game with the fool who deleted your spreadsheet. My guess is it'd never happen again. And there may be a restraining order involved...

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 11:27 PM  

hey thanks, and i way dig e.e., the first person i noticed who used words like paint (at least to me)...

By Blogger arthur decko, at 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment