<

Monday, May 02, 2005

"Es Mi Primer Dia"


I don't have a lot of time to post at the moment, but I wanted to get something up quickly, as I have a busy night of God of War for PS2, and 24 is on tonight as well. I don't play very many video games. In fact, I don't think I've turned my PS2 on since last November or so. But God of War is fucking crazy. It's got everything: good story line, great graphics, lots of bloodshed (and really really graphic bloodshed), and naked ladies. I highly recommend it to any game geeks out there.

I just returned from my first day at the new job. Things are off to a good start. The beginning of the day was pretty boring, just your average orientation stuff. It's all pretty overwhelming in the beginning, but things started to make sense by the end of the day. The hardest thing was trying to learn (and remember) people's names. I was never very good at that.

It seems I'll be diving right in though, which is a very good thing. I have a huge marketing package to write up, among other things. I've never done any writing like this, but I figure I should be able to pick up on it pretty quickly. I'm just glad I'll be putting my writing skills to use for once (instead of just using them in acts of sedition on my blog, which is usesful I suppose, but not profitable).

Okay, I'll try to return later if possible. Once I get settled in to this new job I should be back to posting regularly and to visiting everyone else's blogs.

3 Comments:

i hope this works out well for you, and that you feel contented. i worked for an advertising agency once where i was initially so excited to be using my fabulous linguistic skills; then i realized i was using them for evil rather than good. (thank god for layoffs and non-trad programs).
a toast (i have mine handy even if you don't have yours): may it always be for good, dude. good luck!

By Blogger girlgrey, at 9:39 PM  

I knew you'd make it through unscathed. And the 'name' thing is really unfair. Everyone there has just one name to remember.... yours. You have what seems like hundreds. Try Post-Its. They might help. No, I mean directly on the person... =)

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 11:07 PM  

Thanks GG. I can't see too much evil in it (at least not yet). I only want to use my superhero powers for good (okay, I think I'm getting an inflated ego here. meh.)

And thank you too Livewire. I think the post-it notes are a great idea. I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know how it goes ;-).

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment