<

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Drunken Blogging Style



So, the dude didn't call today as he said he would to finalize the job thing. I'm getting the impression that this must be normal, since there was another case where he didn't call until two days after he said he would.

Actually, he did call today, but only to ask me to send him my references, which I already sent a week ago. I reminded him that I did send them, and he then found my message in his email box. I had thought he would've checked my refs by now, but apparently he hadn't. I'm thinking he might be waiting for some calls back from my references before sealing the deal. They are driving me fucking crazy. I'm not worried, just annoyed.

But I digress. I had a surpisingly fun night tonight. Surprising because I actually had a really good time hanging out by myself. I had two tickets to see Ratdog play in Hampton Beach tonight, but the two people I thought would be candidates for the other ticket ended up going away for the weekend.

Not wanting to waste my tickets, I went by myself and easily sold the extra in the parking lot. I met a couple of random people, but mostly I just enjoyed some time alone with my thoughts. It was quite an interesting crowd at the show. Here I was, thinking that the Bush regime had exterminated all the hippies.

Going to a concert alone is not the kind of thing I would normally do, but I'm glad I went. I was insanely bored just hanging out alone while waiting for the band to come on, but once they did it was well worth it. It was great to see Bob Weir in action once again, as I was a HUGE deadhead in my younger days. He's never been a spectacular musician on a technical level, but he has this stage presence which is just electric. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Very powerful stuff.

I got drunk, listened to some great music, and sparked a Kundalini Release. Very powerful stuff indeed.

5 Comments:

Doesn't it drive you mad when people drag things out?! It does sound like some disorganization on their part, not yours.

Glad to hear that you went out and had fun by yourself. It can be a great experience. Plus, you know you have a fabulously interesting date... =)

Now, please explain this Kundalini release... what actually sparked it?

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 11:29 AM  

I guess it would have been a combination of the music and meditating. I bought a book called "Kundalini and the Chakras" probably about ten years years ago, and I've found that it can explain certain situations pretty well. I'm not sure if I believe all of it, but it definitely makes sense to me.

Here is the simple definition of Kundalini, from the same site. A Kundalini Release is the release of that energy from your body. It can be voluntary (through meditation, breathing exercises, and even through the use of certain drugs), or it can be spontaneous and involuntary, happening for no apparent reason. A release is sort of a feeling of ecstacy, but without drugs (in my case, anyways).

The hair standing up on the back of my neck was part of it, but that tingling feeling seems to go all the way up my back and out the top of my head. It kind of feels like you're exuding a positive energy all around you and it leaves you feeling a general sense of well being.

In everything I've read about it there are warnings that without proper control people can harm themselves through such releases. I guess it might result in sort of a manic phase followed by a depressed phase, which I believe I experienced when I first started toying around with the idea. I guess the idea is to control the release and then properly center yourself afterwards.

At any rate, like I said, I'm not sure I believe this stuff 100%. But it does seem to relate to some experiences that I've had.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 1:05 PM  

kundalini: from what i have read (very little - just your links) it sounds like what i like to call a moment of awakening. did it feel like you were bound to everything and everyone in the universe; full of love? (watch bjork's "all is full of love" video - this is what i like to think she's talking about)like you knew that after all [ALL] everything was going to be ok? the handful of times i've experienced that i was stone-cold sober. but i LIVE for those moments...

By Blogger girlgrey, at 8:34 PM  

ps. still sending good energy your way about the job thing...

By Blogger girlgrey, at 8:35 PM  

Thanks GG!

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment