<

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Standard Boring Personal Post

Well, the weekend is just about over. I went down to Connecticut to visit the family and to see a couple of friends. It was okay I guess, but I'm glad to be back home in beautiful Portsmouth. The pictures below are from a walk I took today with my friend Mary.

She's been the subject of many recent rants, but she is one of my best friends in the world, and days like today remind me of that. It isn't that anything exciting or special happened. We just relaxed, walked around town, and had a nice dinner at her place. Despite our history and our frequent battles, we're still tight friends. Even though she manages to piss me off more than any other human being at times, I am very thankful to have her as a friend, because she understands me better than just about anyone at this point in my life.

I'm feeling a little bit edgy, as I expect to get a follow-up call tomorrow regarding that job that I interviewed for on Friday. I don't want to jinx it by saying too much, so I won't say anything. However, even if I don't get it, I still have a job lined up which starts next week, but the pay stinks and I won't get enough hours in that position. It's good to know that I at least have that to fall back on.

Okay, that's it for now. As soon as I get my job situation figured out I should have more time to post regularly again. I think I'm long overdue for a political rant, but I've just been way too busy. I'm sure something will piss me off enough to go on a good rant at some point this week. I'm off to bed now.

2 Comments:

Yeah, I have one of those friends too, but what can you do? They're still good friends.

I'm sending lots of good vibes about that job interview!

By Blogger Arethusa, at 11:01 PM  

You're right Heidi, she is a lucky lady ;-).

And Arethusa, thanks for the good vibes. I need all the help I can get, so keep 'em coming.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment