<

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Beastly

I woke up feeling really depressed today. For no apparent reason, but it cast a dark cloud over everything I've thought about. However, I just threw some music on that I hadn't listened to for a long time, and all of a sudden I'm feeling much better.

I just hooked up my mini-disc player a couple of weeks ago, which has been sitting in a box for a year and a half. I bought the player in the first couple of years that mini-discs were around. They never caught on in a big way, but I always loved having it.

I made dozens of mixes, and I also had some fun by sampling lines from the Simpsons (or other shows), mixing them up with other lines, and splicing them into and between tracks. I have some pretty hysterical recordings I made. If I can ever figure out how to get them onto my blog, perhaps I'll post some samples.

At any rate, all of my favorite music was on these mixes, and after not listening to any of it for a year and a half, it feels really good to hear it again. I'm heading toward the ocean, possibly to fish. I'll post pictures later if I take any good ones.

2 Comments:

I'm listening to some music I haven't given ear to in a while as well. :) Yes, please, post pics, I never get tired of seeing shots of the ocean.

By Blogger Arethusa, at 4:24 PM  

Glad you were able to get your head into a better state. I would love to hear samples of the mixes... I love the Simpsons and I'm sure you were very creative in your quoting! I can only imagine... figure out how to do it!!

By Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment