<

Friday, August 19, 2005

Whoa, What Day is It?!?

I've been going through some serious blog withdrawal. Work kicked my ass this week. Some good things, some not good things, some intensely stressful things. . .I get bored pretty easily, so for the most part I'd rather be busy, but there is such a thing as way too busy. But I'm not here to bitch about work, as I'd hate to get dooced (thanks to Phylos for the new word).

At any rate, I don't have much time at the moment. To atone for my prolonged absence, I've decided to drag a good story from the closet, which I'll post at some point this weekend. There are a few stories I've been meaning to tell, but I need pick the right one.

Before I go, I wanted to mention that I just noticed Mysfit's recent post. After blushing somewhat, then realizing her quote was way cooler than the one currently in my profile, I scrolled back up and looked at the image at the top and my hair stood on end, in that déjà vu sort of way. Compare the turtles in the image Mysfit has up to the following picture of a turtle keychain given to me by my friend Kathy (who I 've lost touch with) about ten years ago:



When I was about seventeen, a few of my close female friends used to call me Turtle, or Turtle-boy. What's interesting is that the name originated from something I wrote in a scrapbook of poems and drawings I did with a certain friend I referred to in a comment on a recent Jenn See post. I don't even remember what I wrote in the poem, but apparently it was amusing enough for the name Turtle-boy to stick for awhile. A couple of my friends used to give me little turtle figurines, turtle-shaped candles, turtle posters, turtle anything they saw (what can I say, we were strange kids). This kind of makes me think that Mysfit could be one of my old friends, or perhaps someone I knew in a past life--which I suppose would fit with the Buddhist philosophy that started this whole thing..

At any rate, even though I did find this turtle keychain in my closet, I won't count this as the tale I promised above. I'm off to bed soon, as I've been living on five hours of sleep a night for about a week. Good night.

1 Comments:

skrambled - strange connections - they make me feel all warm and squishy - but i am not surprised

can i call you turtle-boy?

By Blogger mysfit, at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment