<

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Portrait of the Skrambled One as a Somewhat Young Man

"The artist, like the God of the creation, remains within or behind or beyond or above his handiwork, invisible, refined out of existence, indifferent, paring his fingernails."

"The man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery."

-- James Joyce (1882–1941)

Ah, James Joyce. An Irishman of great genius indeed. I don't know how St. Patrick's Day became so sacred. Could it be the booze? Somehow, across the world, this became the international holiday that is the best excuse ever to tie one on during the work week. I have to be up in a few hours, and will likely be suffering the after-effects of the Irish Car Bombs that my roommate and I just consumed. I'm sure tomorrow will be a wonderful day (yeah, right).

Speaking of which, my roommate just stumbled into my room as I was writing the previous sentence. She mumbled something like, "sorry...ummm...I need to get to the bathroom..." Of course, the bathroom is in the opposite direction, which she should know after living here for a few years, but she realized her error before I could point out her mistake. I'm just glad she didn't squat in the middle of my room to relieve herself.

At any rate, I just wanted to post the Sick and Twisted Story of the Day before the day is over in a few minutes. Here it is. I don't think I can comment on this without offending even those of you who now know my sense of humor. Oh well, I think it speaks for itself.

(Okay, I will offer this: the definition of a merkin, which a friend of mine used to joke about during college, but I never believed was a real word until I saw it in the dictionary.)

That's it for now. Good night and Happy St. Paddy's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment