<

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Aw fuck, Not Again!

--Queen's Rose Garden, Regen'ts Park in London, September, 2004 (Photo by Mary)

Those fucking cunts attacked London. Sorry, I tend swear a little bit when I'm angry. I went to school there for about five months in '98, and I fell in love with the city. It's just about my favorite place on Earth, and it really hurts to see this horror inflicted upon it. What did this accomplish for those who carried this out? Some people might be scared (or, terrorized) by this sort of act, but many more will just be angry and looking to seek revenge. . .on someone. . .anyone. . .and the cycle continues. It doesn't matter what side you're on in a war. Everyone loses. For all the progress the human race has made, we still haven't figured out a way to survive without killing one another.

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague. . ."--Agent Smith, The Matrix

Terrorism is nothing new to the city so, so I'm sure they'll get through this just fine. But my heart aches for London right now, and I'm disgusted with humanity. I'll just end this with another photo by Mary from our trip there in September. God Save the Queen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment