<

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Image Thingy


Sweet! I just saw this news item from Blogger, so I had to test it out (I think I may have posted this photo once before, but this is just a test run). I'm really sick of Hello, so this is a big step forward. I think I'll set off tomorrow in search of some good photos.

I just got home from a trip to Connecticut to go to my brother's wedding. Needless to say, I am badly hungover still and am not going out tonight. I had a really good time. The wedding and reception were both held at an amazing banquet facility on the beach in New Haven. There were close to 300 people there, so it was a little crazy. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera ("doh!), so I won't have any pictures to post (unless I get a hold of some from somone else in the fam).

There were a few people at the wedding from the bride's side of the family that I didn't expect to see there. A guy I went to high school with was there, and I found out that he's my new sister-in-law's cousin. So, he is now related to me "by marriage," which I find somewhat amusing. My thought's on this person weren't entirely positive when I used to know him, but I'm going to bite my tongue. People change (I know I have), and I'm sure he's grown up a lot since then.

I also saw my friend Mario's brother there, which kind of freaked me out (and him as well, I think). Mario was one of my closest friends all through college, and I shared an apartment with him in 1998. He moved back home the following year to live with his parents for his last semester, and he ended up dying in a motorcycle crash. His brother is the spitting image of him, so seeing him had a powerful effect on me. Memories came rushing back so fast and hard that I was almost knocked off my feet. I found it really uncomfortable to talk to him because he looks so much like Mario. He's a great guy, and it was good to see him, but damn did it freak me out.

All in all, the whole thing went off without a hitch, and it seemed like everyone had a good time. My neice (age 5) and nephew (age 3) were in the wedding, and they were hysterical. They are the most adorable kids on earth (sorry to any moms reading this, but I'm just being honest ;-). He was picking his nose during the vows, so I'm sure that'll be in all the pictures and videos that were taken.

At any rate, I am off to relax for a while. I may return later with a rant (depending on how much wine I drink).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment