<

Friday, July 15, 2005

Homer on Hiatus

"Whosoever wishes to know about the world must learn about it in its particular details.
Knowledge is not intelligence.
In searching for the truth be ready for the unexpected.
Change alone is unchanging.
The same road goes both up and down.
The beginning of a circle is also its end.
Not I, but the world says it: all is one.
And yet everything comes in season."

--Hericlitus of Ephesus (circa 535-475 B.C.)

I was looking for a good "change" quote, and this is what I found. I had never heard of him, but he was also known as "The Obscure," according to the article. So it all makes sense.

At any rate, I have summoned a new avatar, because I felt that it was time for a change. The current image is temporary, until I can come up with something better (and if I can't find anything better, Homer shall return). I may feel compelled to tool around a little bit with other aspects of this page, so don't be surprised if random things start changing.

I'm off to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in a little while, so no time to write. I may return for some late night (and possibly drunken) ranting.

1 Comments:

I saw it! I saw it! :::giggling wildly::: Hey Skrambled.... guess what I saw???? =)

By Blogger LiVEwiRe, at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment