<

Monday, July 18, 2005

The Weeping Widow



This is another random photo (by Mary) from London last September. I think my camera takes better pictures than hers, but I've been meaning to post this picture for a while. This was in a park near the Embankment. I had never seen anything quite like it. Can you imagine if someone created a memorial for you like that when you die? I think I might find it a bit excessive. Ah well, I suppose it is romantic.

I got the letter I've been waiting weeks for, so I can finally schedule the license exam and get that over with. I can schedule it for whenever I think I'll be ready to take it, and as of right now I don't feel quite ready (in other words, I need to start CRAMMING!!!) I will be studying seriously starting tomorrow night for about the next week or so, so I won't be blogging much. But once I pass the test I will be coming back here with a vengence.

5 Comments:

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick! I love it! Dramatic, elegant, and of course darkly tragic. I hope when I die someone will make such a grand statue for me...

By Blogger Hans the Destroyer, at 12:18 AM  

here's a link to some pictures from the book

beautiful death

oh and good luck skrambled

By Blogger mysfit, at 1:17 PM  

That's is really cool looking! I am fasinated by cemetaries.
luck with the cramming!

By Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today, at 7:48 PM  

Best of luck with your cramming, and even more with the exam.

By Blogger Fence, at 5:57 AM  

I will be so happy when I have this test over and done with (and passed, of course). It's scheduled for next Thurs., so I think I'll have enough time to study.

Thanks for that book info Beelzy, I think I'll have to see that out. I'd like to find out more about this this one (I'm sure I could find something on Google, but I don't have the time to hunt right now.)

And thanks for the link Mysfit. One can't help being fascinated by this stuff. It's so dark and morbid, yet beautiful.

By Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn, at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment